Sunday, January 8, 2012

Week 1 Recap

Week 1: 3 lbs.

Now I consider that great since the Fibro Monster had me for three days out of the week, with yesterday being the worst.

I started this life change on the 1st and have kept track of everything that I've eaten. I am doing 1200 calories. I found a great app for both my iPad and Android that sync so I always have a way to track my food/drink intake. It's called MyFitnessPal. It is very easy to use and not only shows calories but all other nutritional information, such as sugar, sodium, protein, etc. I also purchase a food scale from eBay so that I can weigh foods to make sure I'm eating the right portion size. This is also helping me to visualize what a portion really looks like.

I enjoyed lots of good food this week ... Homemade crab chowder, trout, red snapper and cabbage soup (made with onion, celery, tomatoes, green peppers, and of course, cabbage). I'm having at least 2 cups of cabbage soup a day, along with other foods. I have also discovered Nutella (where has this been all of my life?) and love it!

The biggest obstacle I have will be the exercise part. But, I will do what I can, when I can and hope fr the best. I'm also reviewing some yoga for people with pain and limitations.

Pain recap for this week: left knee good one day, next day I am in severe pain when trying to walk; right leg just hurts all the time; heavy arms and weak hands, which makes it very difficult to do anything involving them; headache that makes me sick to my stomach and dizzy each time I move my head or body; the itching all over my body, never knowing where or how long it will last; the right side jaw pain that mocks the worst earaches you've ever had that comes and goes whenever it feels like it; and last but not least, the Fibro fog, which totally messes with your mind!

So as I start week 2 of my journey, I will keep the faith and know that the end results will be worth it.

Until tomorrow ...

Gentle Hugs on Butterfly Wings,
Sue

No comments:

Post a Comment