Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Missed Yesterday, But Here Today


Yesterday started off with me waking about 4 a.m. with the normal morning headache. But I was able to go back to sleep. Fortunately, when I did wake up, I didn't have the pounding headache. So I did a little work, updated a couple of websites and then basically did nothing.


I exercised for about 5 minutes (a simple line dancing to some music, makes me want to move). Don't want to over do it, so I'm starting very slow and working up to see how things go.

In the evening, we went to celebrate Kaitlyn 16th birthday with family. Caroline fixed steak subs, french fries and of course, Kaitlyn's favorite cake, Funfetti cake. It was a lot of fun, but it is still so hard to believe she is 16!!!

By the time we arrived back home, I was barely able to walk. Now is this from the walking while shopping for a present, the 5 minutes of exercise or what??? I decided the best thing to do was go to bed, take medicine and see what happens. Well, laying in the bed, my legs felt like they were running a marathon. For the next hour and I was miserable, but just continue to read and try to ignore everything.

I finally fell asleep when I woke up this morning I immediately determined that I have some very, very sore areas on my body. Neck and shoulders are sore and tight, right leg hurts and knee joint is throbbing, left leg has that funny little tingling in it, hands are tight, ankles hurt when I walk, but you know what, I can live through this. This is minor to what some days are like.

I sometimes think about how I am feeling at a given moment and wonder how in the world a child deals with this? How does a teenager who has so much to do, deal with all the issues and pain of fibromyalgia? It has to be hard not only on the child/teen but the parents and other family members as well. So much is unknown about fibromyalgia.

I have learned to take one day at a time, pray for a better tomorrow and just deal with what today has for me.

Until tomorrow, Gentle Hugs on Butterfly Wings,
Sue

No comments:

Post a Comment