Saturday, January 7, 2012

Sweet 16



Today we are celebrating Kaitlyn's 16th birthday. I clearly remember the day she was born. It was snowing, we had about 2' already on the ground. I stood looking out the waiting room window at the moon shining over the parking lot, glistening over the snow. Then the biggest snowflakes I've ever seen started to fall. They were huge but beautiful. You could just see their fluffiness. Then the phone in the waiting room rang. Marc was calling to tell us we have a beautiful baby girl. And, she was. She was tiny and pink and perfect and smelled so good. The first time I held her I melted and knew she had taken my heart forever.

She was my "Poohbaby" and Pap's (Bill) best hot tub buddy. She learned to swim in our hot tub in the dead of winter. She and Pap would get up in the morning, fix coffee (hers was milk with a splash of coffee), put on their swimsuits and robes and head out to the deck to the hot tub. Of course, by the time they reached the hot tub she was naked because she didn't want to get her swimsuit wet! And she had this one-piece swimsuit that she always wore backward and you couldn't convince her to wear it any other way.

She had a sandbox at our house and loved to play in it but didn't like to get "sandy dirty" so she would tiptoe around in it like the princess that she was.

She loved cleaning and had her own spray bottle (filled with water) and rag. She would go around the rooms cleaning as high as she could reach, anything that she could spray, including the dog.

As she grew, she became more and more beautiful and we loved her more and more each day. She has truly grown into a beautiful young woman, whom we are so very proud of.

I don't know what the future hold for her right now, but I do hope it is filled with lots of happiness and love. And, I do know that she will always have a very special place in my heart and I love her more and more each day.

Happy Birthday to my one and only, Poohbaby!
Love, Nanny

Gentle Hugs on Butterfly Wings,
Sue

No comments:

Post a Comment