Thursday, January 5, 2012

2012 ... The Beginning

Welcome! As you take this new journey with me, you will learn about me, my family and the illness that has changed my life in so many ways, Fibromyalgia. 

First, let me tell you a little about me. I am happily married to Bill. We celebrated 33 years on November 11, 2011 while he was in the hospital recovering from surgery. I have two wonderful sons, Marc and Charles. Marc is married to Caroline and they have two children, Kaitlyn and Noah. Charles is engaged to Niki and they have two children, Evan and Will.

The latter part of 2011 was a time we all won't soon forget. Bill had surgery which went from a 3 day stay to a 23 day stay in the hospital. During this time, I stayed right there with him, only leaving the hospital on two different times for 1 hour each time. We laughed, I cried, worried and prayed. We had great support from family, extended family and friends. Don't know what we would have done without the support of everyone. Thanks to everyone from the bottom of our hearts!

The next exciting thing happened to Charles and Niki with the arrival of William Eli on December 14th. He weighed in at 8 lbs. 13 oz., the largest Drake baby in recent history! big brother, Evan, is so very proud too! He is just precious and growing like a weed!

As we closed out 2011, we were very grateful for all the blessings we have in our family, extended family and friends. I'm very grateful to have a husband understands that somedays are good and others are bad.

For me, each day when I wake up, I never know what kind of day it will be. I just hope for the best, do what I can and pray. Since right after Christmas, I've had to deal with my left leg, knee area, locking up and not being able to walk on my own. Talk about a crimp in your lifestyle ... waking up at 3:00 a.m., having to go to the bathroom and can't walk. Thank goodness Bill is so understanding. Then two days later, everything is back to normal. And today, knee is acting up again along with shoulders and a bad headache. Fun, fun, fun!

As I prepare for my nap, let me leave you with this one thing ... Illness is not always visible so don't judge someone on their appearance. Have a great rest of the day!

Gentle Hugs,
Sue







No comments:

Post a Comment